I woke up yesterday morning to a pleasant surprise: a nomination for the Liebster Award. I read a blog post about the award a few days ago and thought wow! this is a neat idea, but I never imagined that I’d be nominated. I feel honoured and am grateful to Afila Usman for nominating me.
Afila has an awesome blog where she shares her journey through motherhood and gives some pretty great tips. She also shares her perspective on different aspects of parenting. I always enjoy reading her posts because they are candid and easy to relate to. I encourage all of you to check out her blog when you have the chance. Thank you once again Afila for the nomination. It really brightened my day.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is a virtual award given to bloggers by other bloggers. “The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, valued, cute, endearing and welcome”(source: The Global Aussie). The award is a way of discovering new blogs and sharing your favourite blogs with others.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs and notify them of their nominations.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer.
So, without further ado…
Afila’s 11 questions for me:
1. What made you start a blog?
I always wanted to be a writer and a mom. I started a few blogs before this one but they’re all in oblivion because I wasn’t passionate about the subject matter. After my son was born I decided that a mom blog would be the perfect way for me to fulfill both of my dreams.
2. Are you allergic to any specific thing?
I don’t have any allergies that I know of but I do get a weird taste in my mouth and a tingling sensation on my tongue after I eat walnuts. Maybe I should get that checked out some time.
3. Do you have any kind of phobia?
Yep, I have plenty. I’m afraid of heights, fire, large bodies of water and large dogs (there was an incident when I was 7 years old, but that’s a story for another time).
4. What are all your New Year’s resolutions?
I don’t have any concrete resolutions for the new year because I usually fail to follow through with them (I manage to make it to the end of February before I either get lazy or give up). But I would like to become more optimistic and patient over the course of the year.
5. What is your hobby?
When I have some spare time, I like to take photos of my surroundings, especially nature. Whenever we go on a road trip (even if it’s just half an hour), I make sure to keep my phone handy so I can snap pictures of whatever landscapes or landmarks we pass.
6. Who is your role model?
I look up to my eldest sister because she’s hard working, well-rounded, and kind.
7. What is your favourite food?
I have more than one but if I had to choose I’d say rice. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
8. What is your favourite book?
It used to be The Kite Runner, until I read A Thousand Splendid Suns.
9. What kind of films do you watch?
I watch mostly rom-coms but also love spy movies (the Bourne series, Salt, Skyfall and the like).
10. What is your opinion of WordPress?
I love WordPress! I’ve used other blogging platforms before but nothing compares to WordPress. I love the sense of community that exists on here and find the accomplishment badges very encouraging (the ones you see every time you hit a new milestone for likes, follows, etc.). Not to mention, the platform is very easy to use, which is great because I’m not tech savvy.
11. If you had a superpower to change something what would you change?
I would stop natural disasters before they occur.
11 random facts about me:
- I’ve been married for 3 years.
- I have 3 sisters and 1 brother.
- My husband and I are both the fourth child in our families.
- I got pushed off a swing and broke my arm when I was 4 years old.
- I got stuck on a rollercoaster ride called Nightmares when I was 9 years old.
- I am a stay-at-home mom.
- I’ve worked as a freelance makeup artist, editor, tutor and search engine evaluator.
- I get dimples when I smile.
- I would rather do dishes than cook and cook rather than do laundry.
- My favourite colour is blue.
- I have a sweet tooth.
I’ve nominated the following bloggers for their wonderful content and writing style. You can check out their blog by clicking the link.
- Carolina Toddler Talk
- Luck of the Irish Twin Mom
- Vanessa Gregoria
- Miss A
- Mummy Of Four
- Halley Rossler
- Fatema Hanif
- Carolina Maldonado
Questions for the Nominees:
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What do you like least about blogging?
- If you could describe yourself in 3 words what would they be?
- What is your favourite book?
- If you could wake up in a different country, what country would it be?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What is your favourite season?
- If you could visit someone from the past who would it be?
- What quality do you appreciate most in people?
- What are 3 things you cannot live without?
- Which one of your blog posts is your favourite?
Congratulations to all the nominees! And a big thank you to the blogging community for creating this wonderful award through which we can all learn and grow.
Lots and lots of bear hugs, 🤗